Friday, May 15, 2015

Diabetes Blog Week - Foods on Friday


Taking a cue from Adam Brown's recent post, write a post documenting what you eat in a day!  Feel free to add links to recommended recipes/shops/whatever.  Make it an ideal day or a come-as-you-are day – no judgments either way.  (Thank you, Katy of  Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes for this topic.)

Thankfully I’ve been in the process of trying to lose weight which for me means writing everything I eat down so this wasn't too hard.

6:30am – 2 packets of Peaches & Cream Instant Oatmeal, a large cup of coffee with sweetener and half & half.

9am – an apple

11:30am – 3 cups of mixed greens with some chopped up cucumber, red peppers, and celery. I also throw in some feta, cooked chicken and dried cranberries for flavour and top it off with low fat Greek dressing. I usually add a yogurt on the side as I need to up my dairy count.

2:30pm – mixed veggies and hummus. Usually some carrots, celery, peppers, and/or cucumber

6pm – Last night I had balsamic pork tenderloin with some rice and brussel sprouts.

Not very exciting. This is pretty much what I eat every day although with variations.

For example, breakfast can consist of 2 scrambled eggs, 1 cup of berries (whatever is in the fridge), and a piece of whole grain toast and butter or maybe pancakes if I’m feeling the need for carbs. Lunch sometimes has chicken caesar salad, or a meat, lettuce and cheese sandwich on whole grain bread with some cut up veggies on the side. Dinner usually consists of some sort of meat choice, a starch and some veggies.

That’s it. Pretty standard. Well except for the wine that makes it in on the weekends J

2 comments: