Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wonky BG's

In my last post I mentioned that I was having issue's with my BG's. I checked my BG at lunch and it was perfect so I didn't end up changing my set until the night of the 23rd. Unfortunately the next morning, things went wonky again and have stayed that way. What really confuses me though is this:


5:45 pm - 7.4 mmol/L, ate 60g, forgot to give insulin

7:30 pm - 6.5 mmol/L
8:17 pm - 8.4 mmol/L, , gave 12.4 units for supper

10:40 pm - 9.9 mmol/L, corrected 1 unit
7:00 am - 5.7 mmol/L, ate 75g, gave 21.1 units

9:00 am - 7.5 mmol/L


How can I eat 60 g of carbohydrates, forget to bolus for it and two hours later, have a better BG? I bolused correctly for lunch I had no insulin in my system other than what my pumps delivers for my basal rate. I have no explanation.

Apparently pasta is a magic food?

No comments:

Post a Comment