Friday, May 17, 2013

Diabetes Blog Week – Freaky Friday




Just like in the movie, today we’re doing a swap. If you could switch chronic diseases, which one would you choose to deal with instead of diabetes? And while we’re considering other chronic conditions, do you think your participation in the DOC has affected how you treat friends and acquaintances with other medical conditions?

This was a really hard topic for me to write about. The only Chronic Diseases that I could think of sounded way worse to have than Diabetes. I don’t want Cancer. I don’t want Parkinsons. I don’t want a Cardio-Pulmonary Disease. I don’t want Lupus, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, or Anemia. I’m probably already going to get Alzheimer’s as it runs in my family.

I KNOW Diabetes in all of its unpredictable glory and for the post part I live a completely normal healthy life. Sure it takes some planning to exercise or go out to a restaurant or have a baby, but I can still do all of those things. The other diseases, I’m not so sure. So I’ll stick with Diabetes.

As for my treatment of people with other medical conditions, I don’t think having Diabetes has changed that for me. Unfortunately I’ve known and currently know a quite a few people with other medical conditions. I would hope that I have always been supportive and interested in their condition and not a person that tries to “police” their activities. I’ll have to ask them especially if there’s anything I can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment