Thursday, August 19, 2010

Medtronic Carelink

Even though I’ve been using my insulin pump for almost two years, I only started using the Carelink software a few months ago.

I’ve always been a little obsessive on writing down my blood glucose readings, my carbohydrate intake, and insulin doses in my logbook. My CDE was amazed that I hadn’t started to use the Carelink software so that I didn’t have to continue manually tracking everything. I have to say that the transition was pretty easy. At first, I was only uploading my results before my meeting with my CDE but the last few weeks, I’ve been trying to upload every Friday and really use the available reports. The “Logbook diary” has become my best friend. It really lets me highlight where my lows and highs are and lets me look for patterns.

Now I just need to get started on actually writing down what I eat every day so that my dietician can start to call me an A+ student. :-)

On an un-diabetes related note, today a co-worker told me that her 13 year old son was so bored at home that he asked her to “pop out a baby so that he can take care of it like [his friend] does his baby brother” I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment